10 Interesting Facts About Camel
Camels are unique-looking creatures that are famous for their humps. They live in the desert areas of Africa and Asia. There are 2 types of Camels: Dromedary, which has one hump and Bactrian, which has two humps.
10 Interesting this about Camel:
1. Camels can reach 7 feet in height and weigh up to 700 kg.
2. They are specially adapted to the life in deserts.
3. Their eyes have three eyelids and two rows of eyelashes that prevent sand from entering their eyes.
4. Camel’s ears are furry. Its hair keep the sand and dust away from their ears.
5. The camel’s foot consists of two toes that spread when it touches the ground and prevents it from sinking into the sand.
6. Most people think that the humps store water, but they actually store fat, which the animal uses as a source of energy when other food sources are not available.
7. The camel can survive without food and water for a long period of time.
8. When they find water, they drink it as much as possible.
9. They can drink up to 150 liters of water at once.
10. Camels can run 4O miles per hour.
Camels were used in numerous wars (especially in desert areas) in the past because of their ability to travel long distances without water and food. lt’s calf can run a few hours after it is born. Camels live for 40-50 years.