3 Chickens for Every Person Alive Today | Historic Facts
World loves chicken so much there are 3 of them for every person alive today. Below are the quick facts about the chickens that all the chicken lovers should know:
- 66 billion chickens are consumed by 7 billion humans during 2016. Could have increased now.
- There were 3-5 billion population of passenger pigeons in 1800. It was the most common wild in human history before chickens took over.
- 23 billion World’s chicken population at any time. Broiler chicken are harvested every 5-7 weeks.
- World’s Chicken weight is able 3 times higher than all the other wild birds together.
- They grow 3 times faster than the jungle fowl, their wild ancestor.
- Modern broiler chicken weigh 4-5 times as much as 1957 breeds.
- The country chicken has been around for 8,000 years.
- Chicken bones believed to be more than 4,000 years old that have been found near the Indus Valley location.
- The modern broiler chicken was first bred in America during 1950’s, has a little common with its ancestor.
- These broiler chicken are man made and it cannot survive without human assistance.
- Broiler chicken suffers terribly if left alive for more than weeks.
Rate this post: (Your rating helps us to improve our post)
You may leave your feed back in comments.