Strategic Cost Management MBA Question Paper University of Madras Distance Education May 2014
MAY 2014 P/ID 77805/PMSF5
PART A — (5 × 6 = 30 marks)
- What is cost management? Explain its objectives.
- What are the pitfalls of activity-based cost system?
- What is activity identification? Explain briefly.
- What are the advantages of responsibility accounting?
- What are the benefits of JTT?
- What is target costing? Explain briefly.
- How is quality cost is classified in manufacturing organization?
- What is internal failure cost? Explain briefly.
PART B — (5 × 10 = 50 marks)
- What are the inadequacies of traditional method of overhead absorption?
- Discuss the types of responsibility centres.
- Discuss the need and significance of value chain analysis.
- Distinguish between estimated cost and standard cost.
- Explain the role of management accountant in acheiving the competitive advantage through value chain analysis.
- How business can use life cycle management to create opportunities?
- Discuss the steps in tactical decision making.
- How do you measure the quality cost effects on productivity?
PART C — (1 × 20 = 20 marks) (Compulsory)
- From the following particulars, calculate
(a) Sales price variance
(b) Sales volume variance
(c) Sales value variance.
Product Budgeted quantity Actual quantity
Unit Price Unit Price
A 1000 20 1300 21
B 2000 15 2300 14
Please fill the form to get PDF version of this question paper.